Sunday, May 19, 2013

Extract audio from .flv using VLC media player

 

Since it took me so long to figure this out (with a little help from other tutorials which were imo more laborious than my method, at least the ones I saw), I thought I’d share my way for extracting audio from flash (.flv) files. I saved a bunch of Restoration International videos to my computer using Orbit downloader, then used this method to isolate the sound so I could listen to the talks on my mp3 player.

First, open VLC player. I have version 2.0.6 Twoflower

VLC 1

Ctrl+R opens the Convert/Save window. Click Add… to find the .flv file you wish to manipulate.

VLC3

Tell VLC where you would like to save the file; name your file.  I do like I do, you’ll select the same .flv file and manually change the .flv to .mp3, click Save.VLC 4

Click on the drop-down window in the Settings/Profile section and select Audio – MP3, then click start.

VLC 5

You should see a progress bar that looks like this:

VLC 6

When it is finished, you’re good to go!

No comments: