Monday, February 26, 2018

How To: Clean a Mirror with Water

When one thinks of cleaning glass, I’m sure most people would think of a person armed with paper towels or newspapers and an ammonia-based spray, often colored blue.

Related image

Maybe it’s because I love simple ways of doing things or maybe because I don’t like buying single-use products or maybe because I don’t like using chemicals when they’re not absolutely necessary, I found a better way (at least in my opinion) of cleaning a mirror. I specify mirrors because if you can clean a mirror and don’t leave spots or streaks, you can most likely clean any glass successfully.

Here’s what you need:

  • 1 microfiber towel, wet, wrung out
  • 1 hand towel, dry

Here’s what to do:

  1. Wipe a section of the mirror with the slightly damp microfiber towel, cleaning toothpaste splatters, smudges, smears as you go.
  2. While that section is still wet, dry with the dry hand towel.
  3. Repeat to remaining sections.

There. Done. Simple as pie and no chemicals. Oh, and I never have flecks or smears either, just a super-clean mirror. You’re welcome.

No comments: